This event is credited with 4 new qualifying points for the UTMB race. Big change in 2017, the route is upside down compared to 2016. So, trailers will start with by the Green Pathway around Brussels before entering the Forêt de Soignes for the last 40km.
- Distance: 81 km
- Ascent: 1150m D+
- Departure: Atomium Square at 10:00 pm
- Finish: up the rooftop of "hippodrôme de Boitsfort" at 21:45 pm latest (51-53 Chaussée de La Hulpe - en face du numéro 114 - 1180 Brussels)
- Water/Refreshment stations: every 20k
- Bib number pick-up at Trakks : from 6/9 till 8/9 (Chaussée de Waterloo 1165, 1180 Brussels-Uccle)
- Open buffet free of charge to all participants
- Showers and cloakroom at finish
- Participants will receive a single fare STIB ticket with their bib number to get to point of departure by public transportation.
- Participants can drop their personal belongings at start. All will be consigned at point of departure and will be made available to finishers upon arrival at the Atomium.
Timing to be respected at the exit of water stations
- Water station 1 : tbd
- Water station 2 : tbd
- Water station 3 : tbd
- Water station 4 : tbd
- FINISH : 21:45 (km 81 at "hippodrôme de Boitsfort")
5€ for charity
EcoTrail supports international solidarity, through the individual 80km by donating 5€ for every inscription to the CNCD-11.11.11. The CNCD 11.11.11 (National Centre of International Cooperation) fights for a fair balance between the North and the South and funds every year over 50 development projects carried out by its members associations in the world poorest regions. The theme of social protection is being put forward for two years in a row through awareness-raising, advocacy and fundraising actions. Get sponsored for the South projects 11.11.11!